This Policy applies to all visitors to websites belonging to TMC Holdings..
1. Personal Information.
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and email address and includes information about any services or products you may subscribe for or acquire from TMC, credit card information and billing records. Personal Information is collected by TMC only when you, as a visitor to our Web sites, specifically and knowingly choose to provide it to us.
Publicly available information, such as a directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and electronic address is not considered personal information.
2. Information That We Collect.
While you input your credit card number, when purchasing a paid subscription, or special report, or other service and becoming a client, for safety purposes, we do not collect or store your credit card number on our web servers. Our transaction partner PayPal.
PayPal manages its server environment appropriately and its firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. PayPal security practices are reviewed on a regular basis and we routinely employ current technologies to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is not compromised. PayPal websites use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and 128 bit encryption technologies to enhance security when you visit the secured areas of these sites. SSL is the industry standard tool for protecting and maintaining the security of message transmissions over the Internet. When you access your accounts or send information from secured sites, encryption will scramble your data into an unreadable format to inhibit unauthorized access by others.
4. Our Use of Your Personal Information.
a. We will use your Personal Information to process your subscription or requests for information. We may also use such Personal Information to offer additional information to you about us, our products and/or services, personalize the types of information you receive from us, evaluate how our Sites are being used and the audience our Sites are reaching, identify market trends and market interests that help us improve the products and services that we offer, and develop and improve the content and operation of our Sites to better serve the needs of our customers.
(1) Online Orders. When you purchase a subscription from us, we will request certain Personal Information, including credit card information. Individuals who do not have a Visa or MasterCard credit card are not permitted to make purchases with us online.
(2) Sharing Information with Other Companies. We do not make it a practice to share your Personal Information with our affiliates or with third parties who provide services to us.
(3) Mailing and Email Addresses. We will use your mailing and email addresses to send you the publications and individual reports you have subscribed to. We may also contact you with questions about your subscription or service, or to remind you of your password, if necessary. If you submit an inquiry via email about one of your subscriptions, for security reasons we may ask you to provide additional information so we can verify your identity.
b. We may send you information and special offers on our other products. Though we hope you gain value from the email messages you receive, you can choose to opt out of receiving further messages by following the instructions provided at the bottom of each email.
c. We also retain the right to release your Personal Information when required by law or when we, in good faith, believe that we must release the information in order to: (1) satisfy a legal order or comply with legal process; (2) defend our rights; or (3) protect the personal safety of our employees, agents, affiliates, business partners, customers, or site users. We also retain the right to transfer your Personal Information in the context of the sale of all or part of our business.
Please note that you are responsible for updating your personal information with us, including any changes to your email address. In the event that the last email address you have provided us is not valid, or for any other reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our sending of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.
6. Contacting Us.